Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bad Karma Sunday

Have you ever noticed that if you carry a negative attitude for long, bad things are going to happen? Well, once again I have been my own worst enemy. Most of the time I don't dwell on the negative, but for some reason I turned very negative yesterday (as seen in my post) and never got back into a balanced, peaceful state of mind. Today I paid the price. Went to the store too early, found them closed, and when I went to start my truck the battery was completely dead. The store clerk tried to give me a jump, but his battery was almost as bad as mine. With the rain coming back in from the coast, all I could do was sit there and wait for help from someone, or to call a wrecker to get a tow back home. I used the time to think about the bad thoughts I had carried to bed with me and to try and cancel out the effects from this. I noticed the coming rain clouds were beautiful in color against the blue sky background as is so often the case here in south Texas.I realized how the store clerk had left his store unattended to try and help me without me asking. Sort of reinforces your faith in people again! I couldn't help but smile. I decided to follow the smile with a silent request for help from whatever Higher Power was with me. Funny how more times than not you get what you ask for if you ask in the right way! Almost before I had finished asking, an old friend I used to work with came by with his larger truck and brand new battery, hooked up the jumper cables , and my truck started up immediately. After heartfelt thanks all around and a couple of handshakes, I drove home before the rain started. I am now spending the rest of the day making sure that today ends with good thoughts about how things worked out . Fresh coffee in the pot, good thoughts in my head, and a lot better outlook on my neighbors than I had yesterday!( I might mention that my paper wasn't even borrowed this morning! )Just gotta love it!

No comments: