Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Little Rant To Start The Day...!

I have gone long enough without saying something about some of the most irritating aspects of working on the net. I have mentioned some of these before, and I'm sure that I will again because the people responsible don't see anything wrong in what they're doing!

First is the matter of the admins that let PTP sites be allowed to advertise on their program if they have more than one pop-up! This morning I was surfing for credits and was assaulted by one PTP site that had no less than 9, that's right...9 pop-ups try to come up! Can you believe it? 9 pop-ups! Needless to say, it stopped the surfing timer while they tried to load! Ridiculous!

Next is the very practise of using pop-ups, fly-ins, little people walking onto the screen while you are trying to read the information, music that automatically starts to play when the site comes up, exit pop-unders, and the lying multi-pop ups that try and act like a live message window from a real person. When I run across ANY site that uses one or more of these stupid little piece of useless coding, I immediately move on to another site! I refuse to be bullied, pushed, blackmailed, coerced, conned, dis-respected, talked down to, treated badly, or taken advantage of by some silly marketing "expert" who is trying to sell me something that I don't need (and probably wouldn't work anyway!) so don't bother! And by the way, Learn To Spell! I can't believe the sheer number of headlines along that are so filled with mis-spelled words by so called "professionals"! Why don't they proofread their work, or at the very least, use a spell checker program? Man!

Finally this morning is the programs that you join that offer plenty of spill over if you join with a one time fee and do a little advertising. You join, advertise a lot, but the spill over never comes! What does come though is a constant stream of emails reminding you of another branch of their programs that you can join (for an additional one time fee!) that promises a lot of spill over and all you have to do is advertise a little. So even though you haven't made a dime, you join. Then a third or fourth program opportunity followed by the same multiple daily emails reminding you to join with the same stale promises!

I don't think so!!!

I for one have had my fill!! I will continue to advertise the programs that I have joined...and the ones that are working for me will get the bulk of my efforts!

Whew...! I feel better now that's off my chest! Now that I've let off some steam, let's go and have some coffee...OK?

2 comments:

blondie said...

Good posts Jim.
Was catching up reading since I've been off-line for a couple of days.
Sounds like you read my mind :)

So you have a good day!
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
Take care,
blondie

HermitJim said...

Thanks Blondie...glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! Glad you're back!

Jim