Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hey, Hey, Hey...It's Saturday Morning !!!

I don't know about you, but when my sisters and I were young, Saturday meant one thing above all others....the Saturday morning cartoons!! We would be up early and eat breakfast or bring breakfast to the T.V. so that we could stare at the screen and the test pattern (remember those?) until the cartoons started! Of course, they played the National Anthem first, then the mandatory F.C.C. announcements, the station identification information, and then finally...CARTOONS!!! The Saturday serials came later...Range Rider, the Cisco Kid, Zorro, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Lash LaRue, Boston Blackie, Hoppalong Cassidy, and so much more! That's what made Saturday mornings so special. Ah, those were simpler times !

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is Baby Sis is coming over for a visit later. No, we aren't going to watch cartoons but close! We are going to research old photographs. Just because I appreciate you guys dropping by and not wanting to leave you with nothing to read, I am giving you a special gift! Some old fashioned, genuine, classic and time honored Saturday Morning Cartoons!! Enjoy one of my favorites and I'll see ya tomorrow, OK??

Now if you will excuse me...I need to go make some fresh coffee. The deal was Baby Sis would bring the cookies, and I would make the coffee!! Hey...it works for me!

4 comments:

Cat Melton said...

I KNOW you'll be having a great day, Jim...

Cat

HermitJim said...

Hey Cat...thanks for dropping by. Did ya enjoy the Tom and Jerry Cartoon? They sure bring back some memories, huh?

The nice thing about my getting older is that I seem to remember mostly the good things and very few of the bad. Guess that means I had a pretty good childhood!

Thanks Mom and Dad..!! And thanks, Cat, for sharing a cup this morning!

blondie said...

Funny when I saw your subject line, I immediately thought of Yogi Bear :)
Guess I was on the right track.

You enjoy your day with Sis and don't eat too many of those cookies. Else you'll look like Yogi Bear, LOL

Have a fun time,
blondie

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...ya nailed it right on the head with Yogi Bear! That's what came to mind for me even when I typed it!

Were we really ever that young??

Thanks for dropping by...