Monday, November 3, 2008

Can You Believe It...??

I was just looking back at the number of post I have made and I realise that my very first post was made on 11/17/2007. That's right, boys and girls...I have been doing this for nearly a year now. This blog will be officially one year old on the 17th of November!

I don't know what has happened to the last year, I really don't. In some ways it doesn't seem as though it's been that long ago that I started blogging. In other ways, it seems like a 100 years ago. No matter how I count the time spent doing this, it all boils down to one thing. It has been an education in many ways.

Thinking about the last year, I think about all the friends I've made and all the things I've learned. By far the best experience I've had with this blog is the friends. From all over the world, all over the Internet, from all kinds of businesses and from all kinds of backgrounds. The friends I've made have taught me the most.

Too many times in this crazy world, we get so caught up in the activity of the day that we lose track of what's really important. I used to think that the most important thing on the Net was making money, but now I no longer think that way.

I like writing something here everyday. It becomes addicting, at least to me. Somewhere along the way I lost interest in blogging strictly for business and now I blog with the sole intent of giving my readers a small amount of entertainment and enjoyment if at all possible.

Let me just say that I appreciate each and every one of the people that take the time from their busy schedule to drop by and read this offering. I hope you continue to come by and also that when you do come by, you find something of worth to peak your interest.

With that said, I invite you once again to join me in a fresh cup of coffee. Maybe we can toast to another year...what do you think?

7 comments:

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

Heres to many coffees to come. Im more addicted to reading yours (among a few) than attending to my own sometimes. We appreciate the time you take to give us a warm, interesting and entertaining place to visit everyday. Love your work my friend.

blondie said...

Here Here Jim!
That's what so nice about blogging. We all get to "do our own thing".

I've sure enjoyed reading yours ever since I realized you started one. Which was probably a week or two into it.
Wouldn't miss a day now :)

Thanks as always for the coffee, the information, and your friendship.

Until later,
blondie :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Missi...thanks for stopping by. I know what you mean about reading other blogs before working on our own. I do that quite a bit myself. You keep on coming by, and I'll keep on making the coffee, ok?

I'm sure glad you enjoy the work and I appreciate the visits.


Hey Blondie...thanks for the visit. You know that it was your blog that convinced me to start my own, so guess you could say it's all your fault! I'm happy to be on the list of your friends and want you to know you top my "blogging buddy list" as well...

Thanks for the kind words. See ya later!

Anonymous said...

Happy almost blogday, Bubba! I'm covering someone else's desk today, so this computer did not pop your blog up on favorites and I had to hunt for you. Lots of Hermit sites! Have you seen the one for "Training as a weekend hermit"? or "hermit cookies" - that sounds like one you might identify with! Mom and I enjoyed our outing on her birthday, and she wore ME out! Still going strong, just a little slower and shorter, but keeps on ticking. Hope her genes do the same for us - we should be so lucky to be able to blow and go at ?? years old!
I agree about the national scareshow tomorrow - we'll just have to tighten our seatbelts and see where the ride takes us. Mexico anyone?

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...I like that expression "Blogsday"...especially since my birthday is 3 days later on the 21st. Guess I'll have to have a party, huh?

Tomorrow should be interesting, to say the least! BTW. if you ever have trouble finding me or my blog...just "Google" Hermitjim or Coffee With The Hermit. I have been showing up in the first spot on those pages for a while now.

Thanks for dropping in...love ya!

Manu said...

Hi Jim... time is a weird thing, isn't it? At times it does seem to fly and when you start thinking about it is seems to be rather slow. But i guess it's not really such a mistery as time does not exists... Nevertheless i truly enjoy your blog ever since the time i found it ;O) even though i don't share the love for coffee. You definitly do a great job in entertaining and educating us so there is no big suprise you got so many friends.
Looking forward to the 2 big events in the near future and please tell your mom "Happy belated Birthday from Germany".

Take care,
Manu.

PS: Are you feeling better?

HermitJim said...

Hey Manu...I appreciate you stopping by and also the kind words. Time is indeed a strange thing. I pretty much gave up on trying to keep track of it when I retired...one of the many perks of getting older!

Sorry you don't like coffee, but if I remember right you don't like peanut butter either!

I worry about ya, Girl!! You need to come spend some tiome in Texas. I'll bet we could change your mind a little bit!!

Thanks again!