Thursday, March 5, 2009

That's Not What I Meant...!

Not long ago, I made a post about being sure you only stored what you would consume. Do you remember?

When I said that you should always try a sample of what you were going to store for future shortages, this was NOT exactly what I had in mind! While it's true that there may indeed be shortages in certain items...I didn't mean to sample each and every one of the containers to see if you liked them.

I think that in a package that contained ,oh, I dunno, maybe six containers...sampling just one would be enough to determine if the contents of said containers met the taste requirements for long term storage!

Now, let me also make a small suggestion here...that once the containers have been opened and sampled, they might be removed to appropriate holding facilities. There they could be held until such time as they would taken and sold, with the proceeds being used to replenish the samples.

Of course, you all realise that this post is all in fun. These pictures were taken in Canada...at an apartment that a young man had lived in for over two years! The landlord said that despite the large number of empty beer cans (the empty cardboard containers were kept in a separate room) the rest of the apartment's interior was clean!

Oh, and by the way...over half of the cans had already been removed by the realty company in order for these pictures to be taken. There were tunnels actually built under the many, many cans to allow the resident to move from room to room!

Now my friends...let's all go and have a fresh cup of coffee! All of these empty cans have made me want a drink...er, I mean, a cup!

15 comments:

Ken said...

...hmmmm,i'll hook up the trailer,all i need is a couple shovels and a helper,we'll take all that aluminum off their hands...has been a while,but aluminum was fetching something like .38 cents a pound around here...crank up the big coffee pot Jim,its along way to canada...

Anonymous said...

Two years-Heh Canadian's must be slow drinkers

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...looks like gas money and beer money all rollede into one, huh? You bring the trailer, I'll help ya load!

Thanks for the visit, guy!


Hey Tony...wonder why he just didn't turn them in for the money? Reckon the place might have smelled like stale beer?

Hey, thanks for coming by...

scoutinlife said...

Enjoyable post there away of saving the can's ! LOL

HermitJim said...

Hey Scout...looks like a useful hobby, huh? Maybe a new, fun way to save for prepping?

Thanks for the visit, my friend!

Maitreya said...

Ha! good think it wasn't bottles, the floor would collapse. I didn't know you could tunnel through cans. Learn somethin' new every day....

HermitJim said...

Hey Maitreya...I don't know if he was on the first floor or second, but I wonder how noisy it was just walking through the cans?

Sure do thank you for dropping in today...

Lydia said...

Hah that's funny. If I did that with coffee cans I would have him beat for sure.

Canadians...

:)
lydia

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...I never thought of using coffee cans! Between the two of us, I'll bet that we could really fill that apartment...

thanks so much for dropping by!

TEAM HALL said...

Hiya Jim! That's pretty funny...we got the same story up here in Canada saying that the pictures were taken in the States!! Of course we all believed it...no REAL Canadian would drink Coors! lol

HermitJim said...

Hey Cath...where ever the guy was from...he did like his beer! I enjoy one once in a while, but this looks like a major craving to me...!

Thanks for dropping by!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Not all Canadians are like this, I have come close, but not quite. If I only knew I had some competition out there.

HermitJim said...

Hey FG...I think a little competition never hurts...unless it gets out of hand!

I think we all have come close to this at one time or another...

Thanks for the visit!

Ryan said...

Turning all those in would get us a lot of beer.

HermitJim said...

Hey TOR...you know, I just bet it could at that!

Thanks for stopping by...