Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury Like ...Well, You Know !


Most of us already know that it's a very bad thing to understand a woman!

Even worse, don't make one mad then ask for something! BIG MISTAKE...!! Here's what I mean!

A sixteen year-old boy came home with a new Chevrolet Avalanche and his parents began to yell and scream, 'Where did you get that truck???!!!' He calmly told them, 'I bought it today.'

'With what money?' demanded his parents. They knew what a Chevrolet Avalanche cost.

'Well,' said the boy, 'this one cost me just fifteen dollars.' So the parents began to yell even louder. 'Who would sell a truck like that for fifteen dollars?' they said.

'It was the lady up the street,' said the boy. I don't know her name - they just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars.'

'Oh my Goodness!,' moaned the mother, 'she must be a child abuser. Who knows what she will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on.'

So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias!

He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a new Chevrolet Avalanche for fifteen dollars and demanded to know why she did it.

'Well,' she said, 'this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a business trip, but learned from a friend he had run off to Hawaii with his mistress and really doesn't intend to come back.

He claimed he was stranded and needed cash, and asked me to sell his new Chevrolet Avalanche and send him the money.

So I did.'

(Are women good or what?)


I don't know about you...but I would have known better! My Momma didn't raise no fool !

C'mon, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit outside for a bit!

9 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Great story!
But I wouldn´t call the wife I just left to get help :-) :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
I wouldn't either! Even I'm smarter than that!

Hey, thanks for coming by, buddy!

Felinae said...

LOL!

Loved this story, but I wouldn't have sold it for $15.00, I'm thinking $1.00 would have been a more reasonable price. ;)

Have a good day!
Hugs~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey Felinae...
Glad you liked the story! I don't think that the Catman would ever call if this happened, do you? He probably knows you too well for that!

Of course, he probably wouldn't leave in the first place!

Hey, thanks for coming by today!

Unknown said...

HJ here's a site that might intrest you http://ww2throughthelens.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Ben in Texas said...

Always good or a chuckle, but that, with variations on the type of car, is one of the oldest Urban Legends around. The first Urban legend I remember hearing about was the nearly new Corvette that the owner had died in and was for sale real cheap because of the lingering smell. THAT one was way before the internet even.

2 Tramps said...

I come from the land of what's his or mine is ours... I would have been too worried about getting a good price for the vehicle, knowing that things would be divided! Guess I need to grow a pair... And in all fairness, men and women can both pull some very stupid and life altering stunts...

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One.
Great story. LOL I agree with Felinae why give him so much.
One more day and the wheels start to turn.
Coffee on the patio sounds lovely. I will bring the fresh ground coffee.

HermitJim said...

Hey Ted...
Thanks for the link this morning...and thanks for coming by as well!


Hey Ben...
Haven't heard the one about the car before! Hope the weather there is shaping up for you, my friend.

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey 2Tramps...
I think we went to the same school! I always thought that it was all for one, and one for all!

However, after being on the short end a couple of times, I can see the wisdom of the story!

Hey, I appreciate the visit today!


Hey JoJo...
I'm so happy for you, that you are finally getting the show on the road!

I know you will have a great time in the Summer place!

Don't forget the camera, sweetie!

Thanks for dropping by today, dear one!