Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Pictures Of The Family...!


All in all, Saturday was a good time and a good gathering!

Plenty of folks were there, and most all of them brought food! That's always a good thing, ya know? The main thing about all that food is that it's hard to find a stopping place!

I've put a few pictures here, but I've got so many I may have to publish a few of them at a time!

The first one is a picture of Mom working on a baby quilt. She loves to quilt, as you can tell if you saw her sewing room and her quilts in the den!



In this next one, a couple of my grand nieces are petting C.B., the smallest of my cats. Once the cats decided that the kids weren't going to eat them, they didn't mind the petting! Surprised me a lot!



Here is a picture of Mom with nearly all the great grand kids! Out of all the grands and great grands that were here, all were girls! Don't know why somebody doesn't have some boys...! It sure would help to even things out.



Lastly, here is a picture of Mom, my sister "B", her daughter and daughter's husband, and their kids!having twins is tough, but having twins that are two years old...OUCH! Double trouble!



That's all the pictures I'll put on today. Later, I'll show some more. Don't want to bore you too much at one time! I'll bore you a little at a time, I promise!

Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit out on the patio this morning. I'll show you some more hard copy pictures, if you want!

7 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Aww Hermit Jim... that's a beautiful family you've got there, and it sounds like you've had a lovely time! C.B. and the other cats must have enjoyed it, once they finally figured out that they wouldn't be 'et'! >^..^<

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One
Great photos can't wait to see the rest. Its amazing how 3 or 4 children can turn into quite a large family once we start being grandparents. Glad you all had a wonderful visit. Any left overs can come my way I bet everyone brought the most wonderful tasting stuff. 8)

Dizzy-Dick said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great day. I love reunions but because they hold my family reunions in Pennsylvania, I am not always able to attend. Love the food and the people, as I am sure you do, too.

HermitJim said...

Hey Tatersmama...
We did have a good time over all! You're certainly right about the kitties feeling safe from harm after they got used to a little petting from strangers!


Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
You look at all the people and wonder...where did all these folks come from? When you start counting heads, it seems like a lot. Guess that three generations can reah further out than we thought!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!


Hey Dizzy...
It was a nice get-together! I'm glad we managed to have as many folks there as we were!

It's hard for those in a family that can't go to the reunions because of the distances. Greatest distance traveled this time was from North Carolina!

I appreciate you coming by today!

Kyddryn said...

I can attest to Nanny's mad quilting skillz, yo - and of course she has fabulous taste in fabric, and not just because she used some of the same purple paisley in one of her quilts that I've used before, either - her Flying Geese actually fly in straight lines!

All girls, huh? Hmm...wonder if the trend will continue...guess we'll find out in a few weeks...maybe...

I'm glad you've enjoyed the visit, Mister Hermit, sir!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K (who hopes you'll give Smokey and CB a "hello" from her, as well as pass her regards on to Nanny)

Anonymous said...

Families are great, great photos HJ. CB seems to like the attention. Meow Meow would never have let that happen, kids were denizens to be avoided at all costs. But my new kitteh, Smokey, is quite happy to be petted. Got her on Saturday, posted about it on Life...

AV

Survival Chick said...

Very sweet, great pics!