Thursday, April 28, 2011

Having A Bad Day...!


This reads almost like a scene straight out of the "Keystone Cops"!

Strangely enough, we have all had one of those days, where nothing seems to go right! I think that this poor lady would say that this day would qualify!

Think I would go back to bed and try to start all over at a later time!

Police inadvertently shoot dog attack victim

Reuters

– Wed Apr 27, 11:16 am ET

BERLIN (Reuters) – A German woman who had escaped without serious injury from a dog attack was accidentally shot by police while she hid from the animal behind a door, police said on Wednesday.

Police in Berlin shot the dog dead, but a stray bullet went through the door behind which the woman was cowering, striking her in the arm.

The woman was not seriously injured. She had gone to visit neighbors at their apartment on Tuesday evening when their two-year-old dog Carlito attacked her.

A police officer was also grazed in the throat by a ricocheting bullet. Police are investigating possible charges of negligence against both the dog's owner and the police officers who fired the shots.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey, editing by Paul Casciato)

If you are ever in this situation, you might consider only calling the police as a last resort! This story shows that sometimes more help is NOT always a good thing!

How about some fresh coffee on the patio this morning? Better enjoy because coffee prices are starting to go up!

7 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I've always said that most folks who end up as cops shouldn't even be allowed to carry guns!

Ben in Texas said...

I was taught real early in my shooting, that Gun control meant hitting what you aim at!! And always check your shot pattern background BEFORE you fire.

Sixbears said...

With shooting like that, it's no wonder those Germans lost two world wars.

Down to my last 25 pounds of green coffee. Drinking fresh roasted Rwandan this morning. I drink it back, cause are you gonna drink coffee or milk and sugar?

Have a good one, and stay away from the cops.

mmpaints said...

Geez, don't they teach "line of sight" in Germany? Morons

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Does make you wonder what kind of special firearms training they go through!

Time for a refresher course, I think!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Ben...
Does sort of make you think that they were aiming with their eyes closed!

I'm not going hunting with these guys for sure!

I really appreciate you coming by today!


Hey SixBears...
Sounds to me like they should have used a taser!

At least they didn't kill the woman!

Hey, thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey mmpaints...
Good to see you again!

Probably never heard of it over there! Don't want these guys behind me in a firefight!

Your visit today is greatly appreciated, my friend!

Bob Mc said...

I’m reminded of an incident a couple of years ago in Los Angeles I think it was. Cops fired something over 60 shots at a guy and hit him once in the hand. I always wonder where the rest of those shots went!

Bob from Athens said...

Interesting but true, when the cops start shooting the safest place to be is where they are supposed to be aiming.