Saturday, May 7, 2011

Some Thoughts About Cats...!


There have been many, many quotes about cats!

I thought I'd put a few of the best ones I've found out there for you to think about! After all, you really would be surprised at how many other folks have the same thoughts about cats as you!

A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.
Mason Cooley

A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatever, and generally stopping before it gets there.
Agnes Repplier

A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.
Robert Southey

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.
George Eliot

As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind.
Cleveland Amory

Cat: a pygmy lion who loves mice, hates dogs, and patronizes human beings.
Oliver Herford

Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.
James Herriot

Cats are inquisitive, but hate to admit it.
Mason Cooley

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.
Garrison Keillor

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many different ailments, but I have never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Joseph Wood Krutch

Cats don't like change without their consent.
Roger Caras

Cats have it all - admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.
Rod McKuen

Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.
W. L. George

Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.
Joseph Wood Krutch

Even cats grow lonely and anxious.
Mason Cooley

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
Jules Verne

I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days.
Bill Dana

I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.
James Herriot

I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.
Hippolyte Taine

I kind of imagine myself at eighty, a cat lady.
Juliette Lewis

I live alone, with cats, books, pictures, fresh vegetables to cook, the garden, the hens to feed.
Jeanette Winterson

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.
Jean Cocteau

I love cats.
Dick Van Patten

I used to love dogs until I discovered cats.
Nafisa Joseph

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

Now, before all you dog lovers give me a bad time...I'll do a separate post all about dogs. OK? After all, dogs do deserve equal time, don't you think?

No matter whether it's a dog, a cat, or a goldfish...pets have a way about them that can bring a little sunshine into our most dreary day! At least that's the way I feel about it!

Coffee on the patio this morning. Gonna be hot later, so let's enjoy the morning, OK?

10 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

At the risk of offending half the people I know online, I'll repeat something I once heard. "There's two kinds of people in this world, cat people and normal people." Considering that I once had a neighbor with 47 cats, I have to wonder. ;-)

Sixbears said...

Always said, people who don't like cats just don't have a good recipe. Just kidding.

We had an outdoor cat that lived to 18. Never looked her age. Great cat. Kinda hard to replace.

Ben in Texas said...

Shoot everybody ought to know that all cats are descended from Nobility and they deserve the special attention.
Dogs on the other hand are just big ole dumb critters. Cute but pretty much just good for barking at shadows and crapping all over the yard.
:-)

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Just 'cause we aren't "normal", don't mean we ain't nice people!

Besides, normal is so boring!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey SixBears...
Now that's one I haven't heard before! I'll have to remember it!

Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!


Hey Ben...
I like dogs, but I like cats better! Maybe because I have had one for so many years!

Thanks, buddy, for dropping in today!

JoJo said...

I wish I didn't have such bad alergies cats are so amusing.
Going to start scrapping and painting the porch today :(P But on the bright side I will have some coffee with you first.

SHARON said...

"Dogs have owners, Cats have staff." My four felines certainly have me trained. Sometimes the two dogs look at me saying," Mom, why are they here!"

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
Too bad you can't have a cat! They are certainly a lot of fun to be around!

Lots of folks have an allergy to cats, though!

You have a great day, sweetie, and thanks for coming by today!


Hey Sharon...
Cat's certainly follow the beat of their own drummer! I can understand why the dogs would find this disturbing!

I really appreciate you coming by today!

TROUBLEnTX said...

Definitely a CAT person. But i have run across a few really intelligent dogs, that ive liked. How can u resist those loving eyes looking at ya? Be it cats r dogs.

Mom said...

Good post, asusual. One thing about it we know all about our cats - right?? Wrong!! Now let's see - is Amy my cat. or yours??

Felinae said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Uncle Hermit. :)

I ♥ my Cats & Dogs both, but I'd have to say, I'm more of a dog person and well, obviously Catman is more of a cat person. :D

With us having 9 it's fun to watch their different personalities and how they play off of each other. Never dull around here, that's for sure. ;)

Have a good evening,
~Felinae~