Saturday, June 25, 2011

Granny's In A "Pickle"...!


I can't figure out just how some LEOs can expect to ever be taken seriously when they get involved in things like this!

I think I would have known from the start that this was a no win situation! Granny has the age thing going for her, plus she is in a small town where she is probably known and liked by everyone!

What do you think is going to happen? Let's see!

Woman accused of stealing pickle demands trial

EMORY, TX (KTRK) -- A Texas woman went on trial yesterday for stealing a pickle.

Police in the town of Emory say they caught 71-year-old Barbara Ann Alaman stealing a single pickle. She was charged with theft and demanded a trial.

"I think they should spend taxpayer money on criminals that are more threatening," said one resident.

"I just wonder how many times she did it and got away with it. I think it's kind of ridiculous to prosecute her for stealing a pickle," another resident said.

When the trial began yesterday, it quickly ended in a mistrial because the judge didn't think she'd get a fair trial in the small town where everyone knows who she is.

After the court proceedings, the woman told a news crew she doesn't even like pickles.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but grin when I read this story! With all that's going on in the world, when the mainstream media thinks that this is the best they can do in the reporting of "news" we are all in trouble!

Still, we all need a grin once in a while...and this story may just provide that needed grin, ya know?

Let's take our coffee out to the patio. Hot and dry outside today!

7 comments:

Ben in Texas said...

Sounds like some ole cop is just picking on granny. He must be a real sourpuss his ownself. But!!! Isn't it great that Emory police don't have any major crime or drug dealers to worry about ? :-)

Dizzy-Dick said...

Maybe she forgot to give the local police a bag of granny's home made cookies that day.

Bob from Athens said...

What if it was some middle aged guy with that needed a shave and hair cut with dirty clothes, what would y'all be saying then?

czardastx said...

I'm going to send her to your place, tell her to take your coffee maker and coffee cups without your permission and without compensating you for them. Will that be o.k.?

Sorry, but to me, theft is theft, dishonesty is dishonesty. You can't say one is fine if you're not prepared to say that all is fine.

Just my opinion.

JoJo said...

WOW, I guess the above readers see this for what it is. But I wonder if a little dementia might be going on with her.
But yes wrong is wrong but it is still a fun story.
Let me have a cup please. Just finished and put away 2 loads of laundry without a cup of coffee first. :(P

TROUBLEnTX said...

Have to agree with Czar. Theft is theft. Even when i'm given wrong change, i give it back. It's funny tho, when i say that's not right, they always assume i'm gonna say they didn't give me enough back, not the other way around. lol

Gorges Smythe said...

If she's stealing pickles she doesn't like, then dementia seems a logical explanation.