Saturday, February 11, 2012

Before You Fry Those Potatoes...!

You might want to read this news story from Spain.

I have a feeling that this could have been some "mind blowing" potato soup! Just another thing to keep a watch out for in the grocery store, ya know?

Customer from grocery store finds hand grenade hidden among potatoes

02/10/2012

The hand grenade, which dates from the Second World War, comes from a potato field that was a battlefield between 1939 and 1945.

A customer of a local grocery store in the Spanish town of Chiclana de la Frontera, (Cadiz) in southern Spain found inside a bag of potatoes a hand grenade from the Second World War.

According to Spanish news agency Europa Press quoting police sources, the grenade was petrified and looked like a potato.

The same sources pointed out that the field where the potatoes had grown, somewhere in the French border with Belgium, had been a battlefield between 1939 and 1945.

I have to wonder if the potato farmer is now going to be added to the "Farming Terrorists" list! You just never know, do ya? I mean, if you can't trust your potatoes...then who can you trust?

Coffee in the kitchen again. Don't worry...I've already defused all my spuds!

9 comments:

Rob said...

I call that more bang for your buck...A real hot potato

Sixbears said...

That does put new meaning into the term "Hot Potato." I guess they are right, potatoes can be bad for you.

johnnyb said...

Damn hard chewing.

chinasyndrome said...

As Emirl says Bam an your taters are Done!

China
III

linda m said...

I don't know what is funnier - the story or the comments. Good one, Jim.

JO said...

Now I have found rocks in my bags but I sure am happy to never have found a grenade.

Coffee is soooo good this morning.

HermitJim said...

Hey Rob...
I don't want to ask for seconds!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!


Hey Sixbears...
Not a good way to add iron to your diet!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey John...
More than a mouthful for me!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey China...
The "BAM" part would be correct for sure!

Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!


Hey Linda...
I'm glad you liked the post this morning! Thanks for the visit today!


Hey JoJo...
Talk about getting more than you paid for!

Thanks, sweetie, for dropping in today!

Dizzy-Dick said...

I bet that farmer will be careful with the shovel when digging potatoes. He might not want to go out with a bang.

Anonymous said...

mashed potatoes? smashed potatoes?
More bang for your buck?
Hot potato for sure.
Spud gun ammo???
thanks for sharing this. I was just going to read your blog and fry up a skillet full of potatoes for breakfast.
Maybe not just now. Gotta check the potato bin real good.

Annie Mouse