Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lesson For Life...!

My baby Sis sent me this in an email and I wanted to share it with you. You might have seen it before, but it never hurts to be reminded of this little lesson.

In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a Roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the King's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

Then a peasant came along carrying a load of Vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the King indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many of us never understand!

 Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition!


Seems like a good thing to remember all through our journey through life, don't you think?

Better have our coffee inside this morning. Raining a little and it's cold, so the patio isn't a good place to be right now!

10 comments:

Chickenmom said...

That's the key word, Mr. Hermit - opportunity - some folks have forgotten what it means. The kitchen is fine for today. It's -4 here, but I'll bring a warm almond coffee ring for all to enjoy!

Mamahen said...

I had not ever heard this story but it's a good one to remember! Kichen will be great...save some of Cm's cake for me :))

BBC said...

These days officials may stop you from doing that.

linda m said...

Obstacles are put in our path for a reason. What we do with with them defines who and what we are made of. It is much easier to "walk around the boulder" than to move it - thus our "nanny state". Kitchen is fine with me, I love all the good company.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Most would blame it on the government and wait for the King's men to move it.

BBC said...

In my state you can get a big ticket for messing with it, or helping someone move their disabled or stuck vehicle.

They are expected to call a proper towing outfit to move their rigs. Not that it stops me, I have a tow strap in my truck and help others when they need a little.

JO said...

Good lesson to today. I have watched people in stores step on an article of clothing instead of picking it up what is so hard about picking it up and even draping it over the rack?

I'd be happy to sit in the kitchen with everyone.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
I think that many have forgotten what opportunity looks like!

Coffee ring sure sounds great!

Thanks for coming by today!



Hey Mamahen...
I'm glad you haven't heard it before. Don't want to be boring!

Thanks for dropping by today!



Hey BBC...
At the very least, they would make you get a special permit!

Thanks for the visit!



Hey Linda M...
Like the old saying goes...it isn't what you have, but what you do with it!

Thanks for coming by this morning.



Hey Dizzy...
I'm afraid you're right about that!

Thanks for coming by today!



Hey BBC...
Wonder why they just always want to be in charge?

Thanks again for coming over!

BBC said...

Wonder why they just always want to be in charge?

Basically it's about providing (controlling) employment for others instead of just letting us help each other. Our government seems to have an obsession anymore that it is the governments responsibility to provide jobs and employment.

Generally speaking..

BBC said...

Last year a young lady borrowed her dads little trunk and made a left turn onto the street I was coming up, and cuz she was messing with her cell phone kept right on turning left, in front of me, had I been another fifty feet up the street we would have collided, but she just ended up in the ditch.

At that point she had enough problems without a ticket from a cop and a 150 dollar toll bill. I lectured her a little, like we do with all kids, and towed her out with my tow strap and sent her on her way. That is how I think the world should work.