Saturday, February 8, 2014

You Gotta Love Yogi Berra...!

Probably fewer people get quoted any more than Yogi Berra, and that's a fact!

Whether or not his many funny messed up quotes were done on purpose or not is besides the point. He said some pretty funny stuff! Here are just a few of the better ones for your entertainment!

1. “It’s like deja vu all over again.”

2. “We made too many wrong mistakes.”

3. “You can observe a lot just by watching.”

4. “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”

5. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.”

6. “If the world was perfect, it wouldn’t be.”

7. “If you don’t know where you’re going, you might end up some place else.”

8. Responding to a question about remarks attributed to him that he did not think were his: “I really didn’t say everything I said.”

9. “The future ain’t what it use to be.”

10. “I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house.”

11. On why he no longer went to Ruggeri’s, a St. Louis restaurant: “Nobody goes there anymore because it’s too crowded.”

12. “I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.”

13. “We have deep depth.”

14. “All pitchers are liars or crybabies.”

15. When giving directions to Joe Garagiola to his New Jersey home, which is accessible by two routes: “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”

16. “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”

17. “Never answer anonymous letters.”

18. On being the guest of honor at an awards banquet: “Thank you for making this day necessary.”

19. “The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.”

20. “Half the lies they tell about me aren’t true.”

21. As a general comment on baseball: “90% of the game is half mental.”

22. “I don’t know if they were men or women running naked across the field. They had bags over their heads.”

23. “It gets late early out there.”

24. “Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?” -Carmen Berra, Yogi’s wife. “Surprise me.” – Yogi

25. “It ain’t over till it’s over.”

I'm sure that most of you have heard one or more of these at some point. The man was truly a pleasure to listen to, that's for sure! A little humor can be a great way to start the day, don't ya think?

Coffee in the kitchen this morning. How about some blueberry pie?

5 comments:

Mamahen said...

I had heard most of these but they are always fun to hear or repeat. See ya in tje kitchen for a hot cup n blueberry pie...yum :))

Chickenmom said...

Did you know he took part in the D-Day invasion? Blueberry pie - count me in!

JO said...

Thank you for the morning giggle it is a great way to start the day. These are quite funny.

Blueberry pie OH MY! and a nice hot cup. I'm on my way.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
I'm sure there are more of these out there somewhere. Probably just as funny!

Thanks for coming over!



Hey Phyllis...
I'm sure that many folks we were unaware of took part. Guys like Yogi just didn't mention it much.

Thanks for dropping by today!



Hey Jo...
Always glad to do what I can to beat the Winter blues.

Thanks, sweetie, for the visit this morning!

BBC said...

I'm not lost, I wanted to see what it is like over here.