Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter Sunday...!

Not many folks celebrate Easter the way we used to around my house. Guess that isn't unusual, considering the mindset of the general public nowdays.

Easter isn't really about candy and colorful eggs and new clothes for church going. Used to be people understood the real reason why we celebrate Easter and holidays like it, but no one wants to be reminded of that any more. Instead of harping on something that is lost to many of us, I'll merely post a few Easter related cartoons. That sound OK to you?



Disney had a way of finding the best music to go along with his 'toons!



There might be a few of you that remember the olden days when guys like Gene Autry sang some of the favorites of the times...



Well, that's enough for this morning. I hope everyone has a great day!

Coffee out on the patio this fine and sunny Easter!

4 comments:

Duke said...

Hope you have a good day my friend. Happy Easter.

JO said...

Yep no more Easter Celebrations here either. I'm OK with it will enjoy my day none the less. Going to be a beautiful day here as well.

Happy Easter All.

I'll be there for a refill soon.

HermitJim said...

Hey Duke...
Thanks you sir. Hoping the same for you!

Happy Easter and thanks for dropping in!



Hey Jo...
I try and enjoy all my days, regardless of what celebration is going on elsewhere!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming over today!

Mamahen said...

I still make dinnet for my hubby daughter n son-in-law n treat them like kids, but sure miss the days of dressing in our new outfits n going to church with Mom n Dad and hearing of the resurrection and sing He Arose ....Thank You for a look back and may you have a blessed Easter Day :))