Thursday, August 13, 2015

Power Is Back On...!

Believe me when I tell ya that mtwo days without power of any kind, especially if the temps are above 100, truly sucks!

In a nutshell here's what happened. Tuesday morning one of the main breakers to Mom's house went out. Of course that meant that no AC would work. Half the plugs and lights didn't work, even the ceiling fans. First step...call the repair for Reliant Energy. They said that Reliant doesn't do the repairs, so I had to call Centerpoint Energy. Seems as though any energy company you pay uses Centerpoint's equipment and repair service.

Centerpoint guy shows up Wednesday morning and says one of the wires from the meter to the transformer is bad. Call a electrician to replace the bad wire, then call Centerpoint again to wire the transformer and restore power. Back on the phone again late Wednesday to centerpoint to tell them the bad wires are replaced. They say to call Reliant to issue a restore service work order. I do that and am promptly told that the city of Houston has to issue a work permit to accomplish that. The permit was issued but the offices all close at 5 PM. Par for the course, right? Finally, with a lot of help from the electric repair company, things get straightened out this morning. Thank you to Mr. Electric, the folks that did the wire replacement!!!

Finally at 2:00 PM the Centerpoint folks show up and by 2:10 power is back on! That's where I've been all day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Sorry about no post, but at least you now know the reason. Things can only get better from here, right?

6 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Good grief, you'd think they could streamline that system, especially for and elder person in the midst of a heat wave. I'm glad it's fixed now!

Dizzy-Dick said...

I am so sorry that all happened, and it picked a triple digit day to happen. Glad you got things worked out and everything is now back in order. Of course, my old Dad always told me that "nothing is so bad that it can't get worse". . .

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

It's been a strange week, all around! But you folks now know why I truly value my Big Brother. He did not tell you that he sent Mom to spend the night with our niece (in the middle of a slumber party!), but he stayed behind and slept on the floor in the den with only a fan on an extension cord from the neighbor's house. The windows are more plentiful and lower in the den than the bedrooms, and the floor was cooler than the couch, but still...
He is a prince among men... and my hero!

Sixbears said...

What a mess. You got the run around like it was a 3rd world country.

I'm more and more happy to make some of my own power.

HermitJim said...

Hey Lady Hawthorne...
I would think there would be a lots better way of handling things. At least all the repair folks were good at what they did...and were all pleasant.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Dizzy...
All of this started just before the big storm hit, so there were over 1100 customers out of service by Tuesday night in our area. Kinda puts things in a new light for me. I'm certainly am glad that experience is all over!
I appreciate the visit, buddy!


Hey Sis...
Just doing what I needed to. I appreciate the kind words, though.
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Sixbears...
Kinda felt like I was living in one there for a while. Just one of the joys of living in the big city, I reckon!
Thanks for the visit, my friend!

Chickenmom said...

Feel for 'ya with that heat and humidity! We had our electric co-op hook our generator up to the hose. There is a separate feed box attached to the house, so when the power goes out,we can run the essentials off the generator. Glad you got everything straightened out!