Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Senior Memory Test...!

Here is another little treat from my Baby Sis. I don't know where she get's some of this stuff, but often it's fun to read.

THIS MAY BE HARDER THAN YOU MAY THINK. THE ANSWERS WILL BE ON THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T QUITE REMEMBER THE CORRECT ANSWER .

 DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED TO FIGURE IT OUT.

A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.

I was picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who might actually remember. So have some fun my sharp-witted friends. This is a test for us 'older kids'! The answers are printed below, (after the questions) but don't cheat! answer them first.....

*****************

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.

03. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.

04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.'

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.'

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____.'

07. Nestle's makes the very best... _________.'

08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was ______ ___________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________ '

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ & _______.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _______ ____________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy's name? ________

ANSWERS:

01.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.

02. The Ed Sullivan Show

03. On Route 66

04.To protect the innocent.

05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight

06. The limbo

07. Chocolate

08. Louis Armstrong

09. The Timex watch

10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'

11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)

12. Beetle or Bug

13. Buddy Holly

14. Sputnik

15. Hoola-hoop

16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco

17. Howdy Doody Time

18. Shadow

19.Monster Mash

20. Speedy

Guess I must be getting older, cause I can remember them all. Now if I could remember where I put my glasses...

Coffee out on the patio this morning!

11 comments:

Judy said...

The only one I missed was #16. Probably because my dad smoked cigars and pipes. He didn't care for cigarettes.

Coffee on the patio sounds good. Made an apple crisp if anyone is interested.

HermitJim said...

Hey Judy...
Apple crisp always sounds good to me, especially with coffee!
Thanks for stopping in today!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I only missed 1 & 16, maybe because I'm only 56, but some of the ones I got right are thanks to my Mom singing the jingles when I was a kid.

Chickenmom said...

Uh-oh - I got 'em all..... I'll bring the ice cream for the apple crisp!

linda m said...

i only missed two. I must be getting senile because I knew that I knew the answer I just couldn't remember. Apple Crisp sounds good.

IanH said...

Piece of cake! I need a bigger challenge like "Where did I put my car keys"

JO said...

I missed 2 also they must have been before my time. Don't I wish

Watching the sun rise as I type this going to be in the 70's today.

HermitJim said...

Hey Ladyhawthorne...
Yeah...some of those old jingles can get stuck min your head. Drives me crazy at times!
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Phyllis...
Ice cream is always welcome. Goes well with anything!
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Linda...
I hate it when that happens! It's a daily thing for me.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Ian...
I certainly hear ya, my friend!
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Jo...
Sounds like you are having some good weather there. Nice and cool at night here, but still in the high 80s in the day.
Thanks, sweetie, for dropping by this morning!

Dizzy-Dick said...

Dang, everybody did better than me. I missed three of them. Good quiz Mr. Jim, and thanks for bringing back old memories.

HermitJim said...

Hey Dizzy...
Don't feel too bad, buddy. Some of your quizzes get me as well!
Thanks for the visit today!

Blogger said...

Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigs? I buy my cigarettes over at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 50% from cigs.