Monday, October 31, 2016

Real Zombie Tale For Halloween...!

As strange as it sounds to us in this day and age, persistent tales around the world talk about Zombies all the time.

So many of these tales come from places like Haiti and the other islands. Could there actually be something to them?

Felicia Felix-Mentor



Felicia Felix-Mentor reportedly died in 1907, after a sudden illness of the type that Haitian belief finds to be characteristic of a person marked to be made into a zombie. In 1936, a woman (either nude or in ragged clothing, depending on the source) was found wandering the streets, and made her way to a farm which she claimed belonged to her father. The owners identified the woman as Felicia Felix-Mentor, long thought dead, and Felix-Mentor’s husband also confirmed this. Due to her poor health, she was sent to a government hospital. A doctor who interviewed her described her behavior:

Her occasional outbursts of laughter were devoid of emotion, and very frequently she spoke of herself in either the first or the third person without any sense of discrimination. She had lost all sense of time and was quite indifferent to the world of things around her.

Now what I understand about these Zombies is that they are not the flesh eating kind that we see in the movies now days. Just some very sick folks that suffer from a unknown illness of some kind. What ever the cause, I want no part of it, ya know?

Coffee out on the patio this morning. It's declared Zombie free!

6 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Happy Halloween, Mr. Hermit! Zombies - perfect for today!

linda m said...

Happy Halloween Mr. Hermit! This story about real life Zombies is perfect for today; even if it is creepy. Sure hope I never meet one or turn into a Zombie. Although there are some mornings when I sure feel like I did. Hahaha

Momlady said...

Happy Samhain,HJ. Have a zombie-free day.

JO said...

This sure is a good Halloween story. Happy Halloween to you and all the friends on the patio

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
Yeah, it did to somehow appear to be timely. Not really scary, but spooky for sure!
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Linda...
I've had a few mornings like that myself.
Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Thanks for the good wishes and may good fortune find you this day!
Many thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey Jo...
I figured it might just be fitting for today.
Thanks for dropping by, sweetie!

Dizzy-Dick said...

When I feel like a Zombie, I am not one of the walking dead. Instead, I sit in my rocker/recliner and rock and rock and rock. So, I guess I could be called the rocking dead (grin).