Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Excuse Me, But Something's Missing...!

I have to be honest here. I don't like funerals in general, but probably not for any of the reasons listed in this article I found over at Listverse.

I will admit that I don't really care for weddings either, but that's another story for a different day! I don't think I'm alone in this feeling, but who knows?

Anthony Parisi



In July 1986, Anthony Parisi passed away at the age of 83. Parisi, who was a co-founder of a grocery store in Mount Vernon, New York, died of natural causes and his body was being held at the Yannantuono Funeral Home, also in Mount Vernon.

On the morning of July 26, the employees of the funeral home went to prepare Parisi for his burial and when they looked into his casket, they discovered that his head was missing. The police were called and they speculated that sometime in the middle of the night, someone broke into the funeral home and they used a razor or a scalpel to remove the head. Once the head was cut off, the intruder took it with him or her. Nothing else in the funeral home was stolen or perturbed. There weren’t even signs of a break in.

The police are baffled by the case. They have no idea who stole the head, why it was stolen, and they don’t know what happened to it because it was never found.

Of course the obvious question is WHY? What use could anyone have for taking this poor man's head? Quite the mystery, don't you think?

Coffee out on the patio again this morning, if that's OK.

7 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
That about says it all.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Mamahen said...

I agree with Gorges. I can't even venture a guess.Patio sounds good. The 20s and a dusting of snow here.Got some fresh apple pie if anyone wants some.

linda m said...

That is just weird. I have no clue why someone would take a head. I'll take a piece of your pie Mamahen. Thanks.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

At least they didn't leave a mess. I guess the headless body was buried? Truly weird ~

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Apple pie is one of my favs. I'll have some, please!
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Linda...
It is kinda weird, isn't it?
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Sis...
I guess the burial went on without the head.
Thanks for the visit this morning!

JO said...

Now that's sick and sad

Patio sound wonderful and apple pie too. Thanks Mamahen

Dizzy-Dick said...

Well, if no one had stolen his head, we would have never heard of this guy. But I guess that wouldn't have been the reason for his head to be stolen. Maybe the morning of that hideous crime, some one (his mom or wife) told him to "get up out of bed and go out there and get ahead in this world".